Thursday, March 4, 2010

Up, up, and a word

On 2/2/10, I had the pleasure of speaking to the enthusiastic third through fifth grade students at Mark Twain Elementary in Centennial, CO (they of the carpeted gymnasium, which I regretfully did not photograph).

I was a few weeks too early for their spring fundraiser for literacy, for which they transformed their cafeteria into a number of book-themed areas. But while I couldn't participate in person, I was honored that Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman was one of the books chosen, even more so given the esteemed company (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs; American Girl).

My kind host said the following photo of the Boys of Steel section could have been clearer, but it seems plenty clear that this was a great event for a perpetually important cause:

photo courtesy of Jennifer Arzberger

No comments: